About Our School
Derby Hills is Family.
Derby Hills Elementary is a place of endless possibilities. We take pride in our commitment to maintain a family-focused and value-oriented educational experience. Our mission is to ensure that every life, every day is impacted positively with meaningful relationships, a safe environment and a rigorous curriculum. Through strong partnerships with families and the community, Derby Hills is inspiring today’s learner toward a lifetime of responsible living.
Derby Hills has award-winning staff and school honors including:
• Recognized in the inaugural class of the Civic Advocacy Network (CAN) as a School of Excellence
• Multiple KAKE Golden Apple winners
• Kansas Horizon Award recipient
• Kansas Teacher of the Year nominees
• Project Lead The Way Distinguished School 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
We place value on positive behavior!
• Derby Hills Touchstone: A model for behavior developed by students, staff and parents that defines a Derby Hills Dragon. It is recited in classrooms each day.
• Dragon Assemblies: The entire school gathers together to participate in fun, interactive learning experiences.
• Celebrating Students: Staff acknowledge positive behaviors regularly. One way students are recognized is through Braggin Dragons - a card given to students for
kind, smart or important behavior.
• Students have access to iPads (1:1 Early Childhood and 1st) and Chromebooks
(1:1 in 2nd-5th grade).
• SMART Boards, Apple TVs and more are integrated into the learning in all classrooms.
• Many classrooms are equipped with amplification systems that help students
academically and support teaching phonological awareness in the early grades.
Phone: (316) 788-8540
Fax: (316) 788-8536
Address: 2230 N. Woodlawn
Derby, KS 67037